So I turn 30 in 21 days!
The picture above was taken the day I was born — Feb. 4, 1983. So in honor of my 30th year, I am inspired to start off this next decade with a bit of gusto and zeal, not to mention a little fun. To make this happen, I’ve created a 30 for 30 goal list. The following are 30 goals I’d like to complete between Feb. 4, 2013 and Feb. 3, 2014 in honor of my 30th year, Lord willing.
I want to have fun with this list and I’d love to have your input and encouragement. Here goes nothing!
- Run a 5K.
- Get a massage.
- Publish a second Bible study.
- Take Philip to a museum.
- Read and work through the Greek of one New Testament book.
- Take a trip to visit friends outside of Birmingham.
- Read Lord of the Rings.
- Tell someone new about Jesus.
- Lose one pant size.
- Speak at an event, retreat or conference.
- Blog regularly.
- Learn to sew.
- Go on a weekend “date” trip with my husband.
- Finish mine and Osvaldo’s wedding scrapbook.
- Consistently update Philip’s baby book and scrapbook his first year.
- Have an international over to our home for dinner.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle.
- Paint one room of my house.
- Take a trip with my Supper Club friends.
- Go to a college or professional football game.
- Go to some place new that I’ve never been before.
- Learn Spanish.
- Volunteer with a ministry in town.
- Play Settlers often with friends and husband.
- Make a new friend.
- Get out of debt.
- Take lots and lots of pictures of Philip.
- Teach Philip a new truth about God.
- Give lots of kisses and hugs to my husband and son.
- Have a big 30th party — which is up to my husband.
Wish me luck! These goals should make for some fun blogging over this next year. In all seriousness, I am deeply grateful to God for His faithfulness these past 30 years (wow, I sound so old) and for allowing me to serve Him. I pray that He will be even more glorified in and through my life as I start a new decade. No doubt His faithfulness will not change.