So I have been avoiding updating my 30 for 30 goal list for quite some time. Mostly because I have been busy but also because I don’t want to face the reality that I am not doing most of them. I wish I were better at goal keeping than I am. *Sigh* But here it goes, my 6 month mark.
- Run a 5K.
Get a massage. Publish a second Bible study. Take Philip to a museum.
- Read and work through the Greek of one New Testament book. (Started but haven’t finished.)
- Take a trip to visit friends outside of Birmingham. (Will mark this one off with the next two weekends!)
- Read Lord of the Rings. (Of all my goals, this one I am working on diligently. I am almost done with the second book, Two Towers, and will be on to the last book about the Return of the King. Can’t wait to finish; I may even blog about it!)
Tell someone new about Jesus.
- Lose one pant size. (Of all goals, this one I am actually going in the wrong direction!)
- Speak at an event, retreat or conference.
- Blog regularly. (Fail.)
- Learn to sew.
- Go on a weekend “date” trip with my husband.
- Finish mine and Osvaldo’s wedding scrapbook.
- Consistently update Philip’s baby book and scrapbook his first year.
- Have an international over to our home for dinner. (Does my Father-in-law count??)
- Do a jigsaw puzzle.
- Paint one room of my house.
Take a trip with my Supper Club friends.(Thanks to my friend Kaylie for getting married, we went to the beach for a girls trip prior to the big day!)
- Go to a college or professional football game.
Go to some place new that I’ve never been before.(We went to Pine Island in Florida this summer.)
- Learn Spanish.
- Volunteer with a ministry in town.
- Play Settlers often with friends and husband. (Of all goals, this one should happen more often as it is one of our favorite things to do!)
- Make a new friend.
- Get out of debt.
Take lots and lots of pictures of Philip. Teach Philip a new truth about God. Give lots of kisses and hugs to my husband and son. Have a big 30th party — which is up to my husband.
Well, I guess I’ve crossed off more on my list than I realized! Thankful for another year of life to serve God and to spend time with family. I have 6 months to finish the rest of my goals now! I need you to cheer me on blogging community!